Saturday, July 18, 2009

Malaysia XI and Man Utd

I'm no great fan of both team but still  I watch their game. (On TV of course cause not willing to fork money out to watch them)

That does not say for the die hard Man Utd fans. They came all over the region to watch this game. Singapore, Brunei, Pakistan, Bangaladesh and bla bla.... all went to Bukit Jalil stadium. To watch their favourite team live.

The scoreline was a pretty suprising one. Malaysia 2 Manchester United 3 (I was expecting a 10-0 scoreline from Man Utd. So disappointing. Lolx)

The game can be rated as an okay. 6.5/10 game? somewhere around there. Not a bad one from both team but not as exciting as you compare to most EPL or UCL games.

The game started like what I was expecting, Man Utd to dominate the game. Bang! Less than 20 minutes. They are 2 nil up in 20 minutes. After that, I think they are just somehow giving "face" to the host and played quite relaxly. Abit sloppy at times but still show some quality but the final third in front of goal is abit off the break. But with the sloppyness they are playing, Man U did still come agonisingly close to score a few. (Not bad...)

But the Malaysian team did  something which I would be proud of as being a Malaysian. Scoring twice to draw level against Man Utd. The first one came from a long ball from the keeper and No.17 Amri controlled the ball well and hit it fantastically 1st time to lob it pass Van de Sar. (The best goal of the game. A brilliant goal for any player to do it against Man U.) The second one was abit sloppy from Man Utd's second choise keeper Ben Foster. A misjudged ball led to Malaysia drawing level. (At this point I did somehow hope for miracale to happen --- Malaysia winning the game.... So ambitious of me xD)

However that miracle of mine did not happen. Owen scored his first goal for Man U to win the game. Aikkss... Anyway I like the way the Malaysian team played. No skill, No strength, No height, NO PROBLEM. The fighting spirit is there. MALAYSIA BOLEH! Hope they can continue to play like this and I might change my mind and support them one day in the future. I'm still very much an ANAK MALAYSIA. xD

p.s: i still hope i can 1 day see malaysia make it to the world cup finals. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment