Tuesday, December 8, 2009

1st and 2nd day of work

1st day going to work at Alliance Bank. Too smart alect to google earth the address cause in the offer email, it stated walking distance from the LRT station. And I thought that the Alliance Bank building can be seen when I reach the station. Mana tau din see the Alliance Bank sign at all. Kinda loss when I try to search for, not familiar with the place at all. And the shops were closed. The security guards and the LRT station staffs cant really give me directions there. (Damn stupid lar these mangkuks) :S GREAT! Late for work on the very 1st day. Late for 5 minutes. Late for induction in the meeting and was told to put on my tie immediately. Super embarassing. >.<

After the induction went to report to my department which is the Coporate Banking department. Met lots of new co-workers. They are a bunch of friendly and funny people but they are a busy bunch too. Didnt get to interact with them much. Was given a whole stack of files to read up. Credit manuals, case samples, case files......... Sat down after lunch for 5 hours and read them all up. Amazing right. Cant believe it, though I almost fall asleep during the whole process.  My eyes were so red and I could hardly open it. Sigh. What a tiring day.

2nd day was much more better. Not so much of readings and get to start working on praticals. Was told to do the financial spread sheet using some pre-coded programme. Sounds easy right? It should be easy for an accounting person. But it aint at all for someone like me who hates accounting so super duper much. Got it totally wrong for the group spread sheet. Darn it. Regretting for not taking Financial Accounting. and I gotto admit I SUCKS. Nvm, i will getting everything right by tomorrow. 

Hope the 3rd day will be better. =)

4 comments:

  1. good luck to you my dear friend!!
    You can gain experience and meet a of new people!!
    Gamabateh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you'll do fine in the end.
    Trust yourself more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx guys. i will do better to not disappoint u all. =)

    ReplyDelete